One of the hardest things about making friends in the international community is that people are always leaving – it is especially tough to lose those who have become an integral part of our club leadership.
But the silver lining is that there are always cool new people to meet and get to know!!
With that in mind, we are sad to announce that our club is losing five very important leaders in 2020. Our bubbly Activities Coordinator, Michelle Moore, will be moving back to Australia before the end of the year. Our beloved Treasurer, Katja Zajac, and Charity Coordinator Extraordinaire, Claire DeVaney, will both be remaining with the club but stepping down from their Board positions for personal reasons when their terms end in February of 2020. Additionally, both of our Mothers Corner coordinators, Laura and Vienna, will be stepping down in 2020.
The amazing Alison Tyler, who has already been working very closely with the activities planning team for a while now, has offered to take over Michelle’s duties and work together with Alex to start planning events for 2020. We are so excited to have her expertise on our team, welcome Alison!
We will be looking for two new volunteers to take over the treasurer and charity positions. Here is a short explanation of the duties and qualifications needed for each position – please contact Emily using the form below or privately if you would like to know more or to volunteer!
- You would be a member of the Board responsible for running all aspects of the club along with Emily and Sandra – this is wonderful for the resume and lots of fun!
- Your duties and responsibilities would include bookkeeping, banking, and tax forms once every three years. The time needed to dedicate to this job is approximately 1-2 hours each week on average, lighter in the summer and heavier at the end and beginning of each year.
- We are looking for a person with financial experience of any kind (banking, auditing, accounting, etc.) who has a basic grasp of German (or more!), a private laptop you could use to load our software and do bookkeeping work, and a willingness to work in Facebook groups with the other leaders on a regular basis.
- For this position we are looking for an event organizer who is creative, fearless, and has a basic command of the German language, to be in charge of our fundraising efforts for Frauen helfen Frauen.
- You would have the option of planning one big charity event in late 2020 or many smaller events scattered throughout the year like we did in 2019. The time commitment depends on what you decide to do with the position.
- You would need to be able to organize and manage a team of members to help you and have a willingness to work in Facebook groups with the other leaders on a regular basis.
If either of those positions sound like something you could see yourself doing, please contact Emily using the form below or on Facebook.
Our club cannot exist without volunteers and it definitely cannot exist without these two crucial positions, so please step up if you can! (We seriously would have to shut the club down without a treasurer – that is actually in our Satzung.)
Members interested in helping to lead the Mother’s Corner group next year should contact Laura or Vienna for all the details.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”By submitting this form, I agree to the storage of my personal data for the sole purpose of processing my inquiry. I agree that the International Women’s Club Stuttgart e.V. may contact me in the future via email regarding my inquiry and that my email will be deleted after processing.” type=”checkbox” required=”1″ /][/contact-form]