WHERE & WHEN
Sunday the 24th of April at 11:45 (3 hours)
Location/Haltestelle: Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof
Meeting Point: Reception area of ITS/Infoturm Stuttgart
Your host: Emily Born
This event is for members +1 guest
Didn’t get a chance to go on this tour last month? You aren’t alone, so we’ve scheduled a second one!
On Sunday, April 24th, we will spend three hours with an English-speaking guide from InfoTurm Stuttgart. First we will enjoy their digital and multimedia exhibit and then suit up in vests, boots, and safety helmets to go into the construction area itself. This tour promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
For safety reasons, the minimum age for this tour is 14 and babies in buggies or carriers are not allowed. Participants must be in good physical condition for this tour. Spaces are limited to 19 at this event, so sign up immediately.
THIS IS A +1 EVENT, WHICH MEANS:
- Any IWCS member is welcome to attend and bring a guest along
- Your +1 can be a partner, spouse, child (14+), or friend
- You and your guest each pay the member cost listed below.
The cost of this event is €10 per person, paid in advance. The remainder of the tour costs will be sponsored by the IWCS and this is a Round Up For Charity Event (donation included in prepayment) – all proceeds will benefit the Frauenhaus of Stuttgart.
To reserve your spot, please RSVP in the private Facebook event (or use the form at the end of this post if you aren’t on Facebook). To confirm your reservation, please transfer your prepayment to the IWCS bank account no later than Thursday, April 21st . If you have any extenuating circumstances that keep you from getting the funds to us by that date, please speak directly with the host so we don’t assume you are no longer interested.
Prepayments are non-refundable after the payment deadline. Members who have to cancel at the last minute are welcome to find another member or guest to send in their place.
COVID SAFETY INFORMATION:
As of the date of this blog post, all public Covid-19 mitigation requirements are set to be lifted the first weekend in April, which means there should be nothing extra required of guests for this tour. Things could change quickly between now and the time of the event, so keep an eye on the Facebook event for announcements and updates!
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please arrive NO LATER than 15 minutes before the tour is due to start i.e. 11:45. Our meeting place is the reception area of ITS/InfoTurm Stuttgart which is located next to Track/Gleis 16 upstairs in the long-distance trains area.
- Minimum age for this tour is 14 years old.
- Dressing for this tour: We are required to wear long trousers for safety reasons and it is recommended we bring clothing for any kind of weather, including rain and cold. Wear warm socks because the safety boots can be chilly.
- Any bags need to be smaller than A4 size (no large bags or backpacks). There are no facilities to leave bags in the exhibition so anything bigger than A4 will need to be secured in the train station lockers.
- To take part in the tour, each person is required to wear the available safety helmet/boots/vest and sign a statement that they understand the safety rules.
- Moderate physical fitness is required for this tour – walking aids are not allowed (this includes Nordic Walking sticks).
- Photography and filming is only allowed for private use – commercial posting on social media is not allowed. A continuous filming or recording of the tour is not allowed. Our tour guide on the day will let us know where and when filming/photography is allowed.
- Animals are not allowed.